Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Roasting Coffee in a Popcorn Pumper

So I roasted my own coffee on the weekend, using my old Popcorn Pumper air popper, and using the instructions I found on Sweet Maria's.



The bit at the end with me swirling the beans in a metal collander is the cooling process for the beans. It comes after the "before and after pictures" because it was from the second batch I roasted...

I used green beans from JJ Bean, a Proctor Silex Popcorn Pumper, a metal collander, and a glass jar to store the roasted beans. I found that a batch took me around 8 or 9 minutes.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Fri Apr 06, 11:51:00 pm GMT-7, Blogger Mary said...

Hey that is really a great idea. I loved the background music too and Vivian trying to grab the beans with her dirty paws at the end.

 
At Mon Oct 13, 06:27:00 am GMT-7, Blogger timsamoff said...

Dude, you are such a hacker. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home